Section 1 — General Qualifications. This club shall be composed of adult persons who demonstrate good character, integrity, and leadership; possess good reputation within their business, profession, and/or community; and are willing to serve in their community and/or around the world.
Section 2 — Types. This club shall have two types of membership, active and honorary. Clubs may create other types in accordance with section 7 of this article. These members are reported to RI as either active or honorary.
Section 3 — Active Members. A person who possesses the qualifications in article 5, section 2 of the RI constitution may be elected as an active club member.
Section 4 — Satellite Club Members. Members of a satellite club of this club shall also be members of this club until the satellite club is admitted to RI membership as a Rotary club.
Section 5 — Prohibited Dual Memberships. No member shall simultaneously
- belong to this and another club other than a satellite of this club, or
- be an honorary member in this club.
Section 6 — Honorary Membership. This club may elect honorary members for terms set by the board, who shall:
- be exempt from paying dues;
- not vote;
- not hold any club office;
- not hold classifications; and
- be entitled to attend all meetings and enjoy all other privileges in the club, but have no rights or privileges in any other club, except to visit without being a Rotarian’s guest.
Section 7 – Exceptions. The bylaws may include provisions that are not in accordance with article 8, sections 2 and 4 – 6.